RE: [OM] ....250/2 Auction drawing to a close

Subject: RE: [OM] ....250/2 Auction drawing to a close
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:53:47 -0800
Congratulations Garth! That seems like a pretty screaming deal to me!

I'll bet there is one list member up in the PNW who would swap a 350/2.8
for that baby in a heartbeat ;-)

It is really a matter of what you do with a telephoto though. While I
realize that the 250/2 is perhaps the very best 35mm telephoto lens ever
made, personally, having seen the results from the 350/2.8 with 1.4XA I
must say that for my purposes, I prefer the 350. (That is, unless one
can achieve the same results with the 250/2 and *2* 1.4XAs which I doubt
is doable is it?) Last time out shooting I found that I use the 350 with
the 1.4 converter as much as I do without and 250 simply would not be
enough reach to justify lugging around such a beast (my Tamron
80-200/2.8 LD is heavy enough).

Hope it arrives in your hands safe and sound soon. Get out and play with
it and share your results and your joy! Congratulations!

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com