Re: [OM] ....250/2 Auction drawing to a close

Subject: Re: [OM] ....250/2 Auction drawing to a close
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 21:11:43 -0700
Well, I have to say two things.

First, thanks to everyone who said "Congrats!"

Second, I'm stunned that it actually went through without a snipe.  $2,900.00
U.S. isn't even 500f the new price at B&H, and that was its reserve!

I was surprised that its reserve was so low.
I was surprised that my bid hit reserve immediately (I figured I'd undershoot
by hundreds of dollars, if not well over a thousand).
I was *really* surprised nobody decided to go higher than $2,900.00.

The seller and I have already communicated, and it looks like it should be
arriving sometime the week after next.  I'll let everyone know the shape it's
in then.  If the lens truly is in the shape the seller has stated, this is a
very good deal (though certainly not a Doris Fang-type steal; that would
require me to have gotten the lens for $25.00 at a garage sale...  8^> ).
It'll make a good addition to the arsenal, and I'm hoping to do some fashion
photography type stuff with it, eventually.

Now I gotta get me that 1.4X-A teleconverter.

Garth