Re: [OM] What's the big deal with the 40mm 2.0?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's the big deal with the 40mm 2.0?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:37:45 +1100
Oh - I own and love a 40mmmmmmmm f2 - but it's a Summicron-C I'm afraid.
Horribly sharp but not so close focussing. The Pentax folk go nuts for
their 40mm Pancake too - the one that came with an 'M' series (ME?) as an
optional extra for not much more than the standard - nice sharp tourist
lens that I played with for while and sold on. That was so popular that
Pentax brought out the new 38mm AF classic lens and that's v. pricey
compared to the standard. Strange idea as they don't have a compact body to
put it on, I think.
What's this problem with the filter for the Oly 40?
Andrew