Re: [OM] [OT] Fixer...

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Fixer...
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:46:02 EST
scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Lacking a chemistry degree, it does however appear to me that the most
 usefull approach would be an electrolytic process with two electrodes

I don't know much about this but I believe when silver became expensive (the
Hunt's!) and dental offices beagan recycling silver, the units were just like
filters with steel wool inside, giving electroless deposition. I think for
environmental use this is not good enough but obviously much better than
nothing. You might get some information from the companies who service dental
offices. They come and collect old chemicals now I believe.
        Twenty years ago there was so much heavy metal being discharge by
small electronics companies into the public sewers, in Silicon valley, that a
small company used to recover gold and other rare metals from the sewerage
stream. They went out of business about 10 yerars ago when
industry/enforcement cleaned up.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes