Re: [OM] Shameless plug for my new gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] Shameless plug for my new gallery
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:44:09 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Eric Pederson wrote:

> I've just/finally assembled the skeleton of a WWW gallery of selected
> scans from years 1984 and 2000. Mostly made with Olympus equipment,
> of course.  Before I invest time scanning in photos from the other twenty+
> years, I thought I would solicit feedback on what is up so far.

Eric,

No objections here to the layout, although loading the big pictures was
unexpectedly slow.  That's probably more an internet traffic/server
overload problem than anything to do with the design though.

I thought your "coastal pine" was clearly derivative of my "Golitha tree
monster" so I'll be sending you an invoice for royalties shortly...

... but seriously, I liked the pictures too, especially the carved stone
screen and the decaying tree stump.  I was initially disappointed with
the full sized Kerala fisherman - I was expecting a bigger version of
the thumbnail which is a nice little near-abstract using just the
airborne net, which caught my eye.  Looking at it without that
prejudice, though, it's a good er, what shall we call it?  a pastoral
action shot?

Post some more.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |