RE: [OM] Older Battery Eating OM 4's? Serial Nos.

Subject: RE: [OM] Older Battery Eating OM 4's? Serial Nos.
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 22:41:16 -0800
Since I own a 4, and it seems to be a battery-eating one, I've been watching
this discussion with interest. I understand the fix, and that it's either
very expensive or next-to-nonexistent. But I've been wondering...

Has anyone tried troubleshooting the circuitry itself? It makes sense that
that wouldn't have been Olympus' choice many years ago; it's virtually
always cheaper for a manufacturer to simply replace the circuitry with newer
circuitry. As the saying goes, however, "That was then, this is now."

John Hermanson, you seem like the guy who would know: is there a means of
interrupting current flow mechanically (?) that wouldn't be (assuming
properly engineered) a total kludge? Is there a circuit schematic available
for these? Maybe a bunch of us (theoretically) bright people can
reverse-engineer it and develop a fix.

---
Scott Gomez