RE: [OM] OT eBay comment

Subject: RE: [OM] OT eBay comment
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:48:08 -0800
I used to work with a general merchandise auctioneer. He sold large lots of
things, as well as individual items. Auction fever can really get people
going. One of his favorite things to do, mid-auction, was auction an empty
cardboard box. The more beat up, the better. Usually if he could get an
initial bid, he could get lots more. I saw one go, on day, for over $300.00.

Oh, in case you're wondering whether he took the money? Heck yeah!

He'd always made up a "package" prior to the auction. It was some really
cool items that would be selected and presented to a usually VERY nervous
winning bidder publicly some time later in the auction. He always made sure
the bidder got well more than his or her money's worth and it was a great
gimmick.

---
Scott