Re: [OM] Help! Camera or lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Help! Camera or lens
From: William Biesele <william@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 13:35:08 -0700
Keith Berry wrote:
> If you have a set of auto extension tubes, you could try fitting
> the shortest one to the body and the lens separately and operate
> the auto iris lever while looking through it for some signs of
> something binding, and then fitting it to a 'good' lens and body
> to compare clearances.

Good idea!!! Now I think I know what's happening but can't figure
out a fix. The iris lever on the lens is a little farther from the
center than on another good lens and the lever on the body a little
closer than in another body. The lens lever moves in an arc, the
body lever in a straight line; about 1/2 way through the movement
the body lever could be slipping inside the lens lever. The jam
occurs with the lens stopped down about half way. To illustrate |)
with the | being the movement of the body lever and the ) the
movement in the lens. The slip/jam happening 1/2 way through the
action. This inside surface (side towards the center) of the lens
lever has some bright spots.

Thanks

Bill B.