Re: [OM] high prices

Subject: Re: [OM] high prices
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 09:32:18 +0000 (UTC)
Eric,

I know where an used OM2n can be found for approx. 1500DKK. I think that
is a bit below USD200. Probably it can be talked down a bit. The camera is
in Denmark - I am sure shipping can be arranged somehow.

I've done business with the seller before (I bought some 49mm filters from
him, as well as an Olympus close-up lens), and what he sold was in better
than adverticed condition. If you are interrested, I can put you two in
contact?

I am not buying the body myself - I've made a principal decission that I
am not buying more OM-bodies before one of my existing bodies fail
beyond repair (and with John et. al. + Olympus Denmark around that is
probably not in the near future). The replacement will be a mint 3Ti...
I wouldn't like to buy a camera just to keep sitting on a shelf somewhere
- they last better if exercised regularly. And I have allready 8 OM-bodies
to exercise....

--thomas

On 3 Mar 2001, Eric Jackson wrote:

> Now that i've done a little searching around on ebay and various other
> sites, is it reasonable for me to plan on finding a quality OM-1n or 2n
> for under $200?  I remember saying that someone said the prices paid for
> cameras since Christmas time has been exhorbant.  If patience is the
> game what should be my expectations in finding a price that is
> reasonable? Thanks
> Eric Jackson

Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen