Re: [OM] learning guides?

Subject: Re: [OM] learning guides?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 11:17:18 EST
For the 'nuts and bolts' of how to use Olympus SLRs, look for the series "How
to Select and Use Olympus SLR Cameras" by Carl Shipman. I say these are a
'series' because there were several editions published from the '70s to about
1989, and they reflect Olympus' line of SLRs at the time of publication. So,
you should pick which camera you want first, then look for the edition that
covers it. Example: the 1979 edition covers OM1, 1n, 2, 2n and OM-10. The
1989 edition covers OM-4T, OM-77 , and I think, OM-88 and OM-PC. They can be
found on eBay all the time for $10-$30.

For a beginner's instructional on manual photography in general, I'd
recommend anything by John Hedgecoe. His titles are something like 'John
Hedgecoe's Guide to 35MM Photography.'

Enjoy!
George S.