Re: [OM] Fuji X-tra 400

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji X-tra 400
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 16:55:06 +0100
Yo,

on Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:08:21 +0800, Kam wrote:

>I suggest that you should forget about the zoom lenses and use the 85/2 you
>have + another fast wide angle lens.  Given the lighting condition you
>described, I trust that you need the extra one or two stops more than the
>convenience of a zoom

I have been thinking about this. It really depends on what the weather is
going to be like on that day. I'm considering using one of the zooms and the
85. I don't know whether I'll be able to get close enough during the main
moments (you know, when they'll be pouring the water over the defenseless
little child's head ;-) ) for a wide angle to make sense (as I don't know
the exact spots where the chaplain and the parents will be standing). I
night try to use 800 ISO film in the camera with the 85 and not use flash at
all with this one - but again, it depends on the weather - if there's very
harsh light from one side, I might have to use fill flash anyway.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx