Re: [OM] Tamron 300/2.8's on eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 300/2.8's on eBay
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:25:06 +0000
Hey Steve,
did someone piss in your Post Toasties? I'm just replying to an inquiry
about what constitutes a good vs. great deal on this lens. I made an
offer on a lens that sat on ebay for a week without a single bid. The
opening bid was $800 with the reserve not met. I could have bid $900 and
saved myself the trouble of sending an e-mail but I didn't. Either way I
had $900 to spend on the lens if the guy wanted to sell it for $900 I
was going to take it. I even told the guy that it was worth more,but
that was my offer. I stated that $900 was a great deal,I had seen one a
couple of weeks earlier that went for $600,that was a really great deal.
I'm not trying to rip anyone off,I simply made an offer. I bought a 40
f2 from a dealer a few months back for $40. He set the price, I didn't.
What was I supposed to do,tell him they were selling for $500 on ebay?
He made the offer,I took him up on it. How simple can that be?

later,
mike m.

p.s. I'm sorry if I made you cry