Re: [OM] eBay refunds/returns (was OM-4T on ebay)

Subject: Re: [OM] eBay refunds/returns (was OM-4T on ebay)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:50:46 EST
In a message dated 2/25/01 7:34:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>snip<
> the items were misrepresented in the eBay item
>  description. There's no excuse for that.
>snip<

You're right, unless the seller was unfamiliar with the defect (not an OM
user, selling the item for a friend, etc.).  Sometimes the seller is honestly
unaware of the defect/problem.  That's where communication with the seller,
and patience, can pay off.  Yeah, there ARE ripoff artists at work on eBay,
as there are in every other walk of life.  Most eBay sellers, however, are
very interested in keeping their positive feedback profile, and are willing
to try to work something out, if at all possible.

But you have to give them the chance to work with you.  My first deal took
almost two full months to work out.  Seller was willing to either refund 100%
or pay for the repair.  I opted for the repair, which he reimbursed 100%.

Again, patience.

Rich