[OM] OT Frank Gehry, Bilbao, and Seattle

Subject: [OM] OT Frank Gehry, Bilbao, and Seattle
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 18:26:03 -0800
"Swoopy?" The thing looks like whoever designed it took a *lot* of LSD in the '60s!

It's also interesting that just about the time the Experience Music Project appeared, "The Blob" was demolished! For those not familiar with Seattle, "The Blob" was an amorphous mass of poured stucco occupying an entire city block and purporting to be a building. It changed hands many times, and was finally razed. The two sites are on opposite edges of Seattle Center. Many have commented that the EMP and "The Blob" had a similar curvaceous godawfulness.

OM content:  I have not used my Zuikos to photograph either building.

--Peter Klein
Seattle, WA