Re: [OM] Replacing OM-1 top cover

Subject: Re: [OM] Replacing OM-1 top cover
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:05:47 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 gary.hitchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if replacing the top cover of
> an OM-1 is possible "at home" for someone of
> reasonably good mechanical ability?

The most difficult part of getting the top cover off is unscrewing the
wind lever retaining cap without damaging it.  Try using a hard rubber
stopper to twist the cap off.  I would avoid using any other tools, they
always end up scratching the trim plate.  If you can't get the cap off,
take it to someone who has the right tools.  If you can get it off, the
rest is easy.
                                        -mark