Re: [OM] Reese's Dataset

Subject: Re: [OM] Reese's Dataset
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:10:38 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Kelton Rhoads wrote:

>                                                               I would not
> post to the internet, where non-list members and anonymous users would
> feel little burden to support the cause--unless I could lock the
> information with a pay-for-use password like a piece of software, but why
> add complexity. Personally, I would publish the information on paper, and
> update it every two years or so.

I agree, I think a printed document would be the best way to go.  I've
noticed that some auctions on eBay are starting to refer to Skip's web
page for pricing guidelines (they actually state that in the auction
description!).  As valuable as Skip's information is to us, I think having
such a freely available resource accessible to everyone may ultimately
work against us.  If enough sellers used and recognised an on-line pricing
database as an authoritive source, that may have the effect of keeping
prices elevated.
                                        -mark