[OM] Reese's Dataset

Subject: [OM] Reese's Dataset
From: Kelton Rhoads <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:23:03 -0800
>> Gary, If this data were compiled and put on a disk in Access format
>>  there might be people willing to pay for it :>)
>
>Uh, yeah, that's what I was talking about, Gary....  or perhaps posted to a
>Website, where it could me modified/updated from time to time, for which
>members such as myself would gladly provide some $upport.

Hmm. Of course, Reese can do whatever he pleases with his data, but as
the owner of several proprietary (non-OM) datasets myself, I would not
post to the internet, where non-list members and anonymous users would
feel little burden to support the cause--unless I could lock the
information with a pay-for-use password like a piece of software, but why
add complexity. Personally, I would publish the information on paper, and
update it every two years or so. I would want the final product in paper
form anyway, to carry in a pocket when I hit a pawn shop. It's really
tough to bargain like a destitute person when you whip out a PalmPilot to
check prices. A crumpled, folded piece of paper on the other hand, is
about right. Perhaps Reese could supply a version of his price guide on
pre-crumpled paper for chislers like me.