Re: [OM] olympus warranty question

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus warranty question
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:48:22 -0600
dane skye wrote:

> I was looking at ordering a new OM-4T from B+H and saw that they advertise
> an OLYMPUS Extended Warranty.  They even have a mfg number.
>
> Does Olympus offer such a package or is that really just a BH warranty?

Olympus America sells a three year extention to their regular one year
warranty -- note that it _adds_ three years, making the net result a
_four_ year warranty.  It provides essentially the same terms as the
original one year warranty, and is good at any Olympus Authorized
Warranty Repair Center.

Many retailers offer their own "in-house" extended warranty -- they vary
greatly in terms and quality, and are basically as good as the
establishment selling them.  These are NOT recognized by Olympus.