Re: [OM] Another DF special

Subject: Re: [OM] Another DF special
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:27:36 -0800 (PST)
Larry wrote:
How about

3 1000mm f/11 zuikos with warrantee
2 Black OM-4T Bodies unused
1 180mm f2 zuiko
2 250mm f2 zuikos
2 350 f/2.8 zuikos signed by Maitani
1 OM-6 Au (24k gold body)

for $12 (I saved the sales tax coz I paid by cash)
Hey, Larry, was that OM-6 Au gold-plated or solid? And what was the
flash synch speed?

(Note to other List members: These are trick questions to test whether
Larry is fibbing. In fact, there were two versions of the short-lived
OM-6 Au: one was indeeed 24ct gold but only plated and quite
conventional in design; the other version was 18ct *solid* gold,
including the body, top and bottom caps, mirror, shutter curtains and
pentaprism. Because of the excessive weight of the solid gold curtains,
it was necessary to reduce the flash synch. speed to 1/8 sec.)

;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray