[OM] Portra 160 VC and printing from slides

Subject: [OM] Portra 160 VC and printing from slides
From: Norma Foltz <nfoltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:31:45 -0800
Well group,

I've been frustrated with scans from my Green Flash slides so
I decided to shoot a roll of Kodak PORTRA 160 VC.
My OM2s is getting a red to green fix by John H. so I have
the OM1n and my trusty zoom slide duplicator.  I put the T20
flash on the BG2 with a velcro attached Lumiquest minisoft box
and flipped the little black flash calulator panel over to OM2 side
to get maximum flash output then I put a bunch of green flash slides
and Kodak EIR slides through it.  Oh yeah having the winder 2
working on the OM1n MD (thanks John H.) really really helps.

I sent the roll off to OFOTO in the handy little plastic mailer.

If these photos come out then I'll have some new digitized photos
for my web site !

I'm really pleased with the ofoto photos that I've chosen so far for
printing.  It seems to me that the lossiness is reduced perhaps
they are making the scan directly from the negatives?

Am I right about this?  If so,  the slide prints made this way
might be comparable to a type "R" print in terms of lossiness ?

_________

Okay the other thing is:  I've been looking at the Olaf Greve
TOPE photos again, Is it too late for me to send in a BOKEH
entry ?  Some of those images really grabbed my attention !
The site is really filling out with some great photos !

-- Hank Hogan <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>