Re: [OM] First 350/2.8 with Zuiko 1.4XA shots...

Subject: Re: [OM] First 350/2.8 with Zuiko 1.4XA shots...
From: "dolphans1" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:15:51 -0600
Dear Mike,

Nice photo's of the Grand Prix racing cars, if that's even the term used for
those style of cars.
Heck everything is a speciality.

I recall watching a special on the brakes of those cars and how they are
designed. (high tech) It showed how hot the brakes would get and the type of
materials used to make them. The cost, I do not remember the exact figure
other than it was outrageous.

Speaking of Motor Racing, did you see the footage of the Dale Earnhardt
crash? It didn't appear to severe on the screen from what I saw.

How tragic and I cant imagine what happened.
I wonder if he tensed up or relaxed to much when he started to slide into
the concrete barricade.

Since you shoot the circuit, I was wondering if you had any knowledge or
expertise in these types
of injuries.

My heart goes out to the Earnhardt family. I also feel bad for the winner of
the race, the celebration of one of the biggest wins in motor sports history
would be taken away from the tragic news that ensued shortly thereafter, and
marked for life.

It's just simply unimaginable.

Sam