Re: [OM] Tamron SP 35-105/2.8 mod.65A

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron SP 35-105/2.8 mod.65A
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:02:09 +0100
: I went to the store today and paid for the lens, after I had checked it with
my
: own Adaptall-2 and OM-2n.The condition is not quite NIB! The glass seems to be
: fine, and it focusses smoothly and easily, but the zoom action is very stiff
and
: jerky.
(..)
: Does anyone have experience of a similar problem with this lens?

My lens does not zoom extremely smoothly (there's some force needed to let the
air in and out), but when you point it downwards when it is in the 35mm
position, it zooms by itself to the 105mm position, and comes back when you
point it upwards. If your lens doesn't do that you can either live with it and
consider it an aquired zoom lock facility ;) similar to what's built into its
successor, the 28-105mm/F2.8, or have it CLA'D.

hnz