Re: [OM] Tamron SP 35-105/2.8 mod.65A

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron SP 35-105/2.8 mod.65A
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:31:13 +0100

I went to the store today and paid for the lens, after I had checked it with my
own Adaptall-2 and OM-2n.The condition is not quite NIB! The glass seems to be
fine, and it focusses smoothly and easily, but the zoom action is very stiff and
jerky. The store that I bought it from, even though it has a three month
guarantee, is unlikely to pay for a service, in view of the low price ($65);
they will just give me my money back or a trade. So I will try to check with the
Danish Tamron importer re cost of a service. From Hans' info re the high quality
of the lens, I imagine that it is worth using some money to fix the zoom action.
Does anyone have experience of a similar problem with this lens?

mvh / regards
Roger Key