[OM] 24 2.8 repair help

Subject: [OM] 24 2.8 repair help
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:29:09 -0800 (PST)
I learned from my Dad to leave things that work
intact.  Inotherwords, don't open the hood of the car
unless something sounds bad or there is smoke rolling
out.  Well, that is pretty good advice when it comes
to cameras.  "No User Servicable Parts Inside" labels
should be affixed to most things Olympus.

However, my 24/2.8 is getting kinda loose.  Alright,
really loose.  I'm concerned that it is going to come
apart while leaning over a mud puddle or something.
If it got any looser I could use it for a shift lens.
Hmmm---Nah.

Anyway, any advice out there for tightening it up so
it doesn't shift all over the place.  I can grab the
filter-ring (or what somewhat still resembles a
filter-ring--thanks to an unplanned express trip to
the floor in the Dublin, Ireland airport) and actually
wiggle the lens side to side.  Nothing rattles and the
lenses aren't bouncing around.  Grabbing the focusring
or aperature ring will shift the image too.

Ken N.