Re: [OM] 300 4.5 Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 300 4.5 Zuiko
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:40:32 +0000
At 16:54 2/14/01, you wrote:

I have the opportunity to buy the Zuiko 300mm 4.5 for my om-1(n). Price here in Canada is $600 ($400 U.S. dollars). I am offering $480 ($320 U.S. dollars). Anyone use this lens before and can comment on its performance? What about price?

Thanks,
-Bill

Bill,

I have seen prices in the U.S. from about $375 to about $420 for KEH grading of EX, EX+ and LN- examples. Some of the price will depend on condition, and whether it is a later MC, has the tripod mount, has the front cap and has the hard case. Others may have experienced a different price range. I have an earlier SC version of this lens and it is excellent . . . I would not trade it for an MC one unless allowed to test it thoroughly first. IMO this is one of the very, very nice Zuiko lenses!

-- John