Re: [OM] Re: your mail

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: your mail
From: Hefin.Land@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:41:05 +0000
Yes it does advance the film, but when the motordrive is fitted, when the
film comes to an end, the motor drive and indeed the crank can still be
operated which has the effect of ripping the sprocket holes in the film,
also when the motordrive is on I can no longer manually advance the film,
nor can I use the camera's release button as I could before, Another
problem I seem to be getting is partial advance of the film, where I will
get double-exposure in the worse cases.

                    jmaynard@conmicro.c

                    x                          To:     olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    Sent by:                   cc:

                    owner-olympus@Zuiko        Subject:     [OM] Re: your mail

                    .sls.bc.ca

                    14/02/01 13:27

                    Please respond to

                    olympus

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 10:35:28AM +0000, Hefin.Land@xxxxxxx wrote:
> My Olympus OM-1 MD broke last night, the take-up spool now freely spins
> regardless of the rewind lever position, therefore I can't crank the film
> on.

The takeup spool is supposed to spin with a bit of friction at all times.
Does it turn when you advance the film? The actual film advance is done by
the sprocket at the lower right of the film gate as you look at the open
back of the camera; the takeup spool only has to wind the film around
itself.