Re: [OM] handyman: doing a meter adjustment on OM-1n at home...

Subject: Re: [OM] handyman: doing a meter adjustment on OM-1n at home...
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:55:24 -0500
I agree and generally stopped replying to threads regarding "should I try a
home repair?"
Home repairs (unless the problem is completely external) are more often than
not,  a bad idea, though some on the list here have had success.
I've gotten cameras from people where they had gotten into the meter strings
and decided that, "hey these strings are way too long, I'm gonna shorten
this one and re-crazy glue it."  This particular one did not come from the
list.
This kind of damage is  very well hidden from the technician, and, of
course, would never happen on it's own.   Lots of labor is wasted.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000