Re: [OM] handyman: doing a meter adjustment on OM-1n at home...

Subject: Re: [OM] handyman: doing a meter adjustment on OM-1n at home...
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:40:21 -0500
>Has anyone tried to adjust the meter in an OM-1n as a self proclaimed "home
>handyman?"  I recently bought a beater OM-1n that I'd like to use around the
>ocean, in sand, etc. but the meter is off...  Is there an easy way to do it,
>or should I leave it to a real repairman?

Well, uh, I think most of us would be upset that such a good camera was going
to soon be a paperweight. I don't think anyone would recommend a)adjusting
the meter yourself, or b)using such a fine camera around salt water and sand.
If you want to take pcitures there, please use something else, like a Nikonos
or a disposable. If the price is cheap enough I'll buy it off of you so you
can spend the money elswhere. Also, any lenses that you'd use with this
camera would soon become trash also. Sorry to be so negative, but I have a
very high respect for these cameras and I have difficulty seeing them abused.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright