Re: [OM] Olympus Parts Supply

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Parts Supply
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:33:55 EST
> At the moment my worry isn't with the 35-80mm, it's the parts for the
> 35/shift that worry me.  I just asked about the 35-80mm elements while I
> had them on the phone (for obvious reasons :-).  I just want everyone to
> realise that just because Olympus is selling a particular lens, it doesn't
> mean that parts are available for service.

I'll second that.  I checked on the front element for the 135/4.5 macro last
week: no longer available.  The rear element, however, is still available for
$60+.
Olympus America will sometimes surprise you, though.  They sent me some parts
for a T-28 Twin no charge.

--p.j.
P.S.  Nobody has made a 6V Power Pack?  I guess I'll have to blow the
modeling lights all on my own now!