[OM] Duo Synch Cord

Subject: [OM] Duo Synch Cord
From: "Jim Caldwell" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:45:31 -0500
Just wondering if anyone had tried the Altrex Duo-Sync cord for the Olympus
OM line?  I picked one up (this came from Henry's in Canada - $19.95
Canadian) and just tried it out tonight.  Could be an answer to T20 owners
without the off camera TTL T20 adapter (which sell for outrageous figures on
eBay).  This has three connectors - but I don't think the connector to the
camera indicator is connected - I don't get a flash indicator in my OM2n.
The gadget has a foot long coiled cord and a hot shoe on the end.  In
addition, the part that slides into the hotshoe on the camera has a second
hot shoe above it so you can use 2 flashes!  You can also string these
things together for more cable length.  The instructions don't mention TTL,
but claim it maintains full auto capability for the OMs and OM flash units.

I shot some stuff tonight with a T32 set to TTL mode.  It fires and the auto
light on the flash flickers, indicating the exposure was read.  I'll post
the results when I get the film back - I used it with my bellows to copy
some slides.

Jim Caldwell
Videomakers - we invite you to check out http://www.Specialty-Media.com
Join our Video discussion group!   also -  DC30 and Premiere Tips and Tricks
For your PC hardware and software needs -  check us at
http://www.handtech.com/specialtymedia