[OM] Update: Resetting an OM-PC... WOO HOO!!! SUCCESS!!!

Subject: [OM] Update: Resetting an OM-PC... WOO HOO!!! SUCCESS!!!
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:23:58 -0700
On 10 Feb 2001, at 11:15, clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> But you _might_ get it to break loose for a while by smacking the camera
> firmly against the palm of your hand.  (Now, now, now -- it's a sturdy
> beast, a firm >>whack<< or two (or ten!) won't hurt it!  Just don't
> leave a lens on it when you do!)

WOO HOO!!!!!!!  [Dancing a jig in my computer room!]

It works!!!!!

I removed the 50/1.8 lens (it's got a dented rim, so it wouldn't have
mattered, but what the heck?) and smacked it firmly as you suggested.
Did it 4 times without success.

Then, just as I was 'bout to give up, I thought "What if I smack it against
the desk?  If it's dead, it couldn't get any worse!"

So, I *very* carefully (but firmly) smacked it against my computer desk
and BINGO!!!  It's working!!!

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  [repeat 1,000 times!]

If you were within physical distance of me, I'd give you a big wet kiss!
Consider yourself lucky!  :-)))

Thanks VERY much, again!

Chris

---