Re: [OM] OM Florida vacation

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Florida vacation
From: Chris Barker <chris_barker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 05:49:08 -0800 (PST)
I agree with Volhart that the children should see
Disney - you will never be forgiven otherwise I should
think - but be prepared for queues if you go in high
season.  On the other hand, the beaches at Clearwater
and St Petersberg are lovely.  Even better, head down
to Fort de Soto beach which (10 years ago) was always
pretty empty compared with further North.

Finally, there are some lovely *natural* sights in
Florida such as the Everglades and Manatee Park (I
think that it is called).. try to get hold of a
National Parks guide; they are pretty well always
worth a visit.

Photo content: the light is pretty bright and
sometimes harsh in Florida, but a polariser will help
for some of the shots.

Have a good time ...

Chris

--- Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yo,
>
> on Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:22:47 EST, SSchup1130@xxxxxxx
> wrote:
>
> >  I will be taking the wife and kids to Florida for
> are Easter vacation.We
> >will be staying in Indian Rocks Beach near
> Clearwater. We are planning a one
> >day trip to Disney Land,but we are undecided on
> what park to attend.Any one
> >out there with any suggestions would be welcome.Oh
> and of course an arsenal
> >of OM equipment will be coming along.
>

> Both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center are
> must-sees, so make it 2 days if
> at all possible. The MGM Studios are nice, but IMHO
> can't compare to the
> above-mentioned. Haven't seen the Animal Kingdom
> yet.
> Something I wouldn't miss for anything in the world
> are the fireworks every
> night at Epcot - they are absolutely incredible.
>

> MtFbwy,
> Volkhart
>
> --
> Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx