[OM] a new web page!

Subject: [OM] a new web page!
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:21:38 -0000
Hi,

I built a simple webpage to display some recent photographs I took at
Arlington National Cemetery. I used the new Kodak "+" film.

Impressive shots Dirk! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Over here in Europe, there are several graveyards for the numerous victims of both world wars. In France we have visited several of them, and the sheer number of clean white identical gravestones, aligned perfectly without a single bit of disorder in them is a sight one will not easily forget.

It's a somewhat eerie experience, but it does leave one with a message that has the impact of a sledge hammer: many people from overseas died so we could live in freedom here. Thanks to all of them, and let's hope there will never be wars like these again! Better yet: let's hope there will never be _any_ war again, period. Unfortunately, that seems to be difficult to realise, and who knows what will happen now in Israel after Sharon has been chosen...

Cheers!
Olafo