Re: [OM] Marine War Memorial

Subject: Re: [OM] Marine War Memorial
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:41:12 EST
wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I created a small set of web pages of pictures I took of this Memorial. I
>  hope they mean something to you.
>
>  http://www.kreative.net/wright/marine_war_memorial/page1.html

Nice job, Dirk.  Very moving statue, made from a famous photograph of the
actual event of the raising of the flag after the bloody battle for Iwo Jima.

Wasn't Ira Hayes, Native American, one of those who helped to raise the flag?
 Portrayed in a movie by Tony Curtis?  Or am I confusing my war movies?

This Coastie salutes ALL you "jarheads".  Semper Fi.

Rich