Re: [OM] OT - N*k*n FM3A

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - N*k*n FM3A
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 09:31:22 -0500
>Dear Kazuya,
>
>Thank you very much for your price information, well $850 listed is
>quite expensive. Street price may be close to $700, just too expensive
>for the student here :-)

Man, that's *cheap*. The FM2n went for I think 550$ here in the 'states,
assembled in Korea. I suppose Nikon has overcome the traditional prejudice
against non-Japanese workers that I think many companies have in that
country. Not that US companies are any less prejudiced, of course......

But, what with all of these new skills that Chinese workers are learning I
think that they will become the next super power commercially? Also, in
regards to stained (leaded) glass, which originated in ancient Europe, I
wonder if this new-to-them ornamental method will evolve into distinctly
Asian-style stained glass?
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright