Re: [OM] OM2 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 problems
From: rtomcala <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 13:54:31 -0500
Gotcha on that one p.j.,
  I got mine when they first came out, it has a s/n of 1146xx.  No
letter "A" and it (on the outside anyway), never had a "MD" label
designator on the front either.  It's still going strong too!  Like
p.j., Thank you John.
  A while back, I had a 2, a 2n, and was getting a mint 2s.  I didn't
feel the need for both the 2 and the 2n, I gave up the 2n.  I really
like the looong auto exposure ability of the 2 rather than the shortened
one on the 2n.
  I'm still having a difficult time changing over to the 2s and the 4T
because the 2 is so comfortable.
  It served me aboard submarines and was "The" camera for periscope
photography as long as I had that job.  It has taken pictures around the
world as well as many hundreds of mainly Russian warships and intel
ships.  I also used it for periscope underwater hull photography.
During that time, there was absolutely nothing to compare with it's OTF
exposure.
Rand E.

   I have found that 100,000 (where production started) through 200,000
need
   the most work.  The oldest of these have the letter "A" cast into the
body
   near the  md switch under the bottom cover.

WOW!!!  I have three samples of the OM-2.  My original OM that my father
gave
me is numbered 136105.  I would consider that a pretty early number
considering I have another OM-2 around 364000 and it is still the
center-weighted version.  It's kind of strange to think that the camera
is
older than I am (by a few months probably) and, thanks to John H, still
taking great pictures!
Anybody have a lower numbered OM-2?

--p.j.