RE: [OM] Lens Cleaning solutions

Subject: RE: [OM] Lens Cleaning solutions
From: davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Thatcher)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:54:10 +1030 (CST)
>Has anybody tried the small individual alcohol swabs sold by medical supply
>stores? They are usually 70 0sopropyl alcohol with the other 30ot
>identified. Each swab is in its own foil packet and would be handy to carry.

Watch some types of these pads, at work we use them for cleaning drive
heads, printer rollers etc. the 91% IPA compuclean pads are fine, but
the BellPak ones leave a disgusting mess of some muddy garbage behind,
which once it dries is almost impossible to remove (even from window
glass)...

DavidT
Adelaide,
south Australia