Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning solutions

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning solutions
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 13:44:28 EST
I think we're talking "relativity" here. What people are saying I think is-
Don't use Windex for often cleaning of a just "dusty" lens- but it's use for
your described "dried coca-cola" type spot IS justified. IMO, I'd get
coca-cola off my lens PRONTO. I was told that the trucks that carry the most
concentrated form of coke syrup must display "Corrosive" warning placards. We
all have heard that even in soft drink form it'll eat right thru a car's
paint.

George S.

Doggre@xxxxxxx writes:

<< But with something obviously foreign, like a drop of dried Coca Cola,
would
 the microfiber cloth be the right choice?  I just received a lens from e-Bay
 that has something similar on the front element.  I'm loathe to use my old
 Kodak cleaner any more for anything, and the Windex treatment seems severe
 for coated optics.