Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning solutions

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning solutions
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 13:57:35 -0800
At Seattle's major camera supply store today (Glazers -- see
glazerscamera.com) I was asking about the various blends of lens cleaning
solutions they had, and which they recommended.  Was steered to Kodak, which
someone mentioned leaves streaks (that's my experience, too).  I won't buy
any more Kodak, unless its formulation has changed since I last tried it.

They have one (but were out of it) named "ROR I", I think (can't tell if
that's a numeral 1 or a letter "eye"). Anyone familiar with this stuff? Like it? Directions say to NOT use with a lens cleaning cloth (and does the
List like those???) but to use with tissue.

Mentioned to the clerk that someone mentioned using Windex first, followed by
methyl alcohol, and he said, "Oh, I wouldn't do that.  I would never use
Windex.  I would use only lens cleaner".... Comments?  (He was young...).

Rich

Many optometrist will tell you that anything with ammonia in it will strip the nonreflective coating right off your eyeglasses and they advise against Windex. I realize that an OM lens is not a pair of eyeglasses, but...

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA