Re: [OM] Can autofocus be as good as manual focus?

Subject: Re: [OM] Can autofocus be as good as manual focus?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:44:35 -0800
On 2 Feb 2001, at 6:56, Joel Wilcox wrote:

 My dimmest OM is the OM2000.  Yet I suspect it is brighter than my
 brother's Maxxum, which he bought when he suspected a failure of the eyes
 on a couple shots.  When I let him look through an OM-2S with 2 series
 screen, he found that his eyes had improved quite a bit.

Someone else mentioned it awhile back, but it bears repeating...  For
those who's eyes are fading with age, particularly those who wear
progressive lenses (or contacts), the addition of an eyecup 2 and the
appropriate dioptric correction lens makes a BIG difference!

I was seriously thinking 'bout going to AF...  even tried out an IS-20 over
Christmas...  but I recently added the eyecup and a -5 correction lens to
my OM-2 and it's now MUCH easier to focus and compose.  Yeah, it's
taking a bit of getting used to taking my progressives off to shoot, but
that's NBD (No Big Deal) compared to the hassles of trying to get me
eye positioned "right" so that I could focus/compose with the
progressives on.

'Nuther words, works GREAT for me!  YYMV, of course.

Regards,

Chris

When I am outside I usually wear sunglasses(Cataract prevention, you know) and have to take them off to shoot. It would be a pain to take them off and then put on the prescriptions.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA