[OM] Olympus prices in 1972

Subject: [OM] Olympus prices in 1972
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 09:46:49 -0800
I dug out some old receipts from 1976 when I bought my OM equipment in
Panama. One receipt for $247 includes OM1md body w/soft case, 135/3.5
w/case  and a Sony transistor radio. Another for $115 for "camera 35
(indecipherable) which may be for either the 28/3.5 or 50/3.5 macro that
I also bought at the time. I may also have paid cash for the other lens,
it's been a while and there was a booming market in photo and electronic
gear in Panama at the time and the amount that you paid might not have
been the amount shown on the receipt. Anyway the sale of a Pentax SP500
w/ 2 lenses in Peru plus convoluted currency exchange funded the OM
purchase.

Mike