[OM] Online Repair Manuals (WAS: Flash Question)

Subject: [OM] Online Repair Manuals (WAS: Flash Question)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:51:01 -0700
On 31 Jan 2001, at 20:14, Chip Stratton wrote:

> I bought an OM1 which would not  fire the flash. I took off the bottom
> plate, and found a little piece of deteriorated foam had made its way
> between a little switch down there. After cleaning it off, the flash sync
> worked perfectly.

I was just thinking (yeah, I know that in my case that's dangerous!)....

Wouldn't it be nice if the repair manuals were also available on one or
more of the online manual archives?  Personally, I don't think I'd ever
attempt a repair, as I'm a real "Tim Allen" when it comes to that kinda
stuff.  But, based on alot of recent messages in the list about fixing
various minor OM woes, perhaps being able to go online and look stuff
up in the appropriate repair manual would be helpful?

Or, are they copyrighted or something?

Just curious...

Regards,

Chris