[OM] Re: philosophy of choosing a brand of tool

Subject: [OM] Re: philosophy of choosing a brand of tool
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:47:54 -0500
Doris beat me to the punch when she wrote:
> I'd advise you to stay with Nikon if you will be doing this sort
>of thing. I love OM, but also use Nikon, and in this particular
>application, I think there's a 600/4 in your future. OK, flame away...

I agree. Olympus has some really great attributes and I like all of mine,
but a wide assortment of cost effective, modern long glass is not an
Olympus strength. Nikon's manual focus options include fast ED glass long
telephotos with far greater availability and at less cost than Olympus's
older telephotos, some of which are clearly priced and sold more as
collector items than as user items. Cameras are just tools. Pick the tool
for the job.

Mike Swaim