[OM] macro questions

Subject: [OM] macro questions
From: "Richard Locke" <dtlocke@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:39:05 -0600
All,

A couple of questions about Oly macro shooting:
1) I have a vivitar macro focusing 2x -- how would this with a 50mm f1.4
compare with a dedicated 90mm macro from tamron or tokina?  (the oly 90mm macro
isn't in my budget...)
2) How does one set up from macro shots of horizontal subjects in the field
(flowers from above, I was trying to shoot lichen on rocks and had a difficult
time)?  Is there a particular tripod/head combination designed for this?

Thanks!

-Dick