Re: [OM] Re: Subjective Lens analysis

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Subjective Lens analysis
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:36:42 +0000
Re. the 28/3.5 Zuiko.
Mine wasn't really mushy; it had excellent resolving power. However, that was obscured some by lower contrast compared to other Zuiko's in/near its length. It also had more falloff on the edges and in the corners. This wasn't too dramatic until I went to stitch some panos together. Under certain conditions it is more visible than others. Keep in mind this was one of the earlier "S" economy lenses and was dropped some time back in favor of the 28/2.8 Zuiko.

-- John

At 22:32 1/29/01, Mike Swaim wrote . . . in part:
Albert Yang proclaimed:

>The 28mm is decent, but a slight disappointment.  I don't know if the
>24mm would have faired better or not, but the 28mm has a bit of
>distortion, and the sharpness was horrible compared to the 50mm and
>the Tokina.

This surprises me, very much. I've shot many, many images with my 28/2.8
and blown them up to 8"x10" and they are sharp to the edges, with tough
things like wood grain and hair appearing well defined and with no
distortion. It is my favorite lens. I've tried a Vivitar 28 and a Zuiko
28/3.5. Both of those were soft and mushy, but I've got nothing but praise
for my Zuiko 28/2.8.