Re: [OM] Reversing lenses vs. a "real" macro....?

Subject: Re: [OM] Reversing lenses vs. a "real" macro....?
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 19:35:05 GMT
> Reversing the normal onto a telephoto is a well accepted technique for
sharp >macro photos.  John Shaw recommended this in his wonderful books
about Nature >and CloseUp Photography

One book is "John Shaw's Closeups in Nature". By coincidence, I picked up a
copy I had requested from the library yesterday. It's the best book I've
ever read on doing close-up work outdoors - sensible, practical advice.
Published in 1987, most illustrations are on Kodachrome, and while the
colours are flat compared to Fujichrome (not necessarily a bad thing), they
are certainly very sharp.

Not much mention of Olympus though :-( The OM-1 gets a nod for having mirror
lock, and the 90 f2 (then quite new) is mentioned in the chapter on macro
lenses.

Simon E.