Re: [OM] Re: Pointers for Good Processing

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Pointers for Good Processing
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:14:19 +0000
At 05:58 1/25/01, Lex Jenkins wrote:
7. Does the lab tech/button masher even *know how* to make adjustments to color and brightness? I don't know how many I've met who insist it can't be done - 'til I show them how in the machine's instruction book. If he/she seems resentful to have received the info, bye, screw ya' later...

8. What's their attitude when you ask them to correct and reprint a photo?
For example, even tho' I paid for a couple of reprints when a local Wal-mart screwed up the color, the button masher did it with a shitty attitude. Not a promising sign.

Lex, whoever that was in #7, in all likelihood you got that resentment because you just showed the person something that _might_ require more work in making prints than just mashing the buttons! Says something about who they got and how they hired that person to operate the machine.

#7 and #8 are the reasons that I use the chromes nearly all the time. On those occasions I don't, it's for very deliberate reasons and the processing/printing now goes to a pro lab where I don't have to ask these questions.

-- John
(who is hearing the refrain from a famous tune as he types this)