[OM] Re: [OT] Sniping

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Sniping
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 00:43:45
Cc: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Don't panic yet, there may be a valid reason for the delay. A fellow from the Czech Republic bought a shortwave radio from me via eBay in late December. He preferred to do a bank transfer, which turned out to be a major hassle on my end - weeks went by without acknowledgement from my bank whether payment had been received. Meanwhile the buyer assured me his bank had confirmed the wire payment had been successfully completed.

Then I got pneumonia and bronchitis for the second time this winter, delaying my ability to ship the package for a week after my bank finally confirmed that payment had been received. Turns out the payment was routed to the national office rather than to our local branch, despite having given the necessary branch information, and the national office simply sat on the transaction for about two weeks before bothering to notify me by snail mail. I'd been calling daily and no one bothered to let me know. Argghhh!

And during this ordeal many of my e-mails to the poor fellow in the Czech Republic bounced back with an "undeliverable" message.

It's making me reconsider whether to continue offering items to ship internationally (not counting Canada, which hasn't been a problem).

Lex
===

Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:04:04 EST
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx

...I'm waiting on a lens won before Christmas. No communications from the seller, no lens as yet.

Rich