[OM] Something for (Next to) Nothing

Subject: [OM] Something for (Next to) Nothing
From: "Scott Nelson" <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:09:37 -0500
All right, here's the deal. It has occurred to me that we have good, albeit
incomplete, resources for Olympus literature at Eric Heir's Doc Archive and
Hans' E-SIF. Of course there's always Olympus itself for free photocopies of
manuals. However, this is not the speediest method and I, for one, find it
useful to get manuals for equipment I'm considering acquiring before the fact.
Anyway, I'm offering to scan in ANY Olympus manual or literature of any kind. I
don't care if its OM, PEN, Digital, Medical, RF, or whatever. What we're
looking for is anything not already available at the resources I mentioned
above. Those manuals which Eric and/or Hans are willing to host on their sites
I will make available to them to complete their offerings. Ones they're
uninterested in I will post on my site at http://www.angelfire.com/sc/nelson1/
(until I'm out of room). I will scan your original documents with care and turn
them around within a week. I'd prefer the originals to be in good but less than
pristine condition so that reasonably careful handling does not create a
problem. I'll even pay the return postage. This probably means manuals from
list members outside of North America should not be included, unless they are
very rare. Or maybe our overseas friends could get together amongst themselves
and scan their stuff. OK, there's the offer, contact me off-list if you're
interested.