RE: [OM][OT] Jaguars...

Subject: RE: [OM][OT] Jaguars...
From: clark.ll@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:48:24 -0500
In <20010122051454.50295.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 01/21/01 at
09:14 PM,
   Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx> said:

>As in: "Good jaguar! Nice jaguar! Sit! Stay!" ?

I once had a university colleague from New Zealand who annoyed everyone
with his penchant for posturing as tough-guy-military-type who never
answered  "Yes" or "No," but insisted on "Positve" and/or "Negative" in
ordinary conversation.

He made a pointed public showing of changing into white shorts and
pullover to play tennis, as he jumped into his "Jag."

One day his "Jag" was in the shop and he had to use his wife's Plymouth
station/estate wagon.

As he got into his vehicle whilst a group of us were gathered outside
the building, I ventured with a, "Ah, taking the Ply today, then?"

I merited a black look and subvocal comment.

les clark / edgewater, nj / usa